Monday, February 11, 2013

"I am" by Dan Christian Avila

I am a philomath. I never cease to learn. I believe learning is a lifetime process. Precious. Eternal. No ending at all. If I do otherwise, I won’t be a human anymore. I can’t tell you what I would look like. But one sure thing is that I would be an ignoramus. There’s no cure for ignorance. No panacea. Nothing.

I am a bibliophile. I value books. Every page is a reflection of mirrors in life. As another chapter ends, a new exordium unfolds---much like of what I experience--- I smile. I say Hi! I bid goodbye. I cry. But memories will always be there.

I am a kin of God. But people would still despise and laugh at me ---alone at this crossroad. They say I’m a tragic flaw of this society. I admit that I’m hurt. But I shouldn't cry. No tears. No frailty. No abuse. No more being butt of all jokes. This has been my life. This is how a gay lives.

I am a silent river that runs deep. Everything in me may not actually be what it seems. My smile can be a hatred. My cry, my happiness. My silence, a fury. It’s only me and God who knows what's within.

I am an imperfect person. Therefore, I lead an erroneous life. But I find it a rewarding experience. I find it worth living.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...