Monday, February 11, 2013

"I am" by Jayson Salida


I am simple. Simplicity in its deepest sense is perfection.

I am not extraordinary. What I possess, others do too. I don’t see rareness within me. God created us equally, imperfect yet wonderful.

I am a dreamer. I always dream of a beautiful horizon and for the sunset to pause, but life has no pause. It goes up. It goes down. Life is balance. There is yin to every yang. 

I dream of utopia on Earth.  No worries. No tears. No drawbacks. I guess the life that I dream, despite its simplicity, is too much of a dream.

I am a romantic. I am loved and hated. Sometimes I care. Many times I don’t.
I am invictus. Negative criticisms never drag me down. They push me up.
I am no best. I am no worst. I don’t excel in many things but I strive to be better. I don’t need to prove myself to anyone, for someday I know I could be someone.
I am a sinner. Sometimes, I misjudge and hurt people. But who hasn’t?
I am a pretender. Pretending is the best way of escaping life’s crushing tides without turning our backs from it.
I am no poet, nor a playwright. I don’t write my life story, I just play my drama. I am a marionette. My faith is the string and God’s hands move me. I don’t make my destiny, I just embrace His providence.
What you see is just a part of me. I am a very real thing. I am a never-ending cliché.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...