Monday, February 11, 2013

"I am" by Christine Faith Cabanes


I am opinionated. I believe only in myself. I fight for what I believe is right. I hate anyone like me. I give advice to people. I don't want to receive any. 
I oppose them but I hate to be opposed. I argue. I just want them to listen. I get pissed when they are noisy but I am noisy. I stir dissension. I manipulate minds.
I test how persuasive I am. I present an argument. I let them embrace it.
My words are sharp and even my jokes hurt. But one thing is for sure I have a soft movable heart that celebrates for someone who comes and cries for someone who goes. I see things differently. I say things openly. I care for my loved ones.
I'll die for them.
My father fears the way I think but he loves how I understand things. My mother appreciates how I deal with problems but hates how I take them for granted.
Inside this beast is a jar of hearts filled with love and acceptance by my friends, family and my God who sees more of the light than of the shade that prevents the light to penetrate causing a shadow that darkens that part of me. But still, I love to live.
I love to learn. I love to laugh. I love who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...